(Left to right: jiGOOK, Prin, Maek, YOURA)
QI.X is a 4 member K-Pop group that debuted on November 19, 2022, and released their first official song on March 22, 2023. All 4 members are genderqueer in different ways, and use ‘they’ as at least one of their pronouns.
In their name, QI stands for Queer Idol and X means either infinity, or what’s marked on legal documents that means unspecified gender. QI.X is under Sweet Potato Productions and was brought together by their producer, Jiyeon.
- Fandom name: QTZ
- Fandom color: Periwinkle Purple
- Links: YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, Instagram
- Members: Prin (they/them), jiGOOK (he/they), Maek (they/them), YOURA (they/them)
About the members:
- Birthday: 10/10/2000 (22)
- Pronouns/gender: they/them, nonbinary
- Roles: leader, main vocal, main dancer, lead rapper
- Representative color: blue
- Prin’s name is a shortened and gender neutral form of prince/princess.
- A favorite quote: “Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.”
- They’re a fan of Key, NMIXX, Stray Kids, P1Harmony, and ATEEZ.
- They’re vegan.
- They gave up on being an idol because of the K-Pop industry’s LGBTQ+phobia.
- They’re the resident goofball of the group.
- A couple of their hobbies are dancing and trying new looks.
- Being a dancer is their biggest identity.
- Birthday: 12/23/1995 (27)
- Pronouns/gender: he/they, “genderfluid nonbinary trans male, sometimes genderless”
- Roles: lead vocalist, main rapper
- Representative color: green
- No stage name – uses his real name.
- They’re a drag artist!
- He wants QI.X to enter the Billboard charts.
- They’re also vegan.
- His hobbies include photography and writing music.
- Their favorite bands are Nirvana, Radiohead, and Sigur Rós.
- Some of their favorite soloists are Bon Iver, Damien Rice, and Björk.
- His favorite queer films are Queer as Folk, Angels in America, Queer Eye, and Pose.
- They can play piano.
- Birthday: 9/24/1996 (26)
- Pronouns/gender: they/them, genderqueer
- Roles: main vocalist, lead rapper
- Representative color: yellow
- Maek’s name comes from a fictional creature (a Pulgasari) that is tough, eats metal, and breathes fire. They want to be as tough as a Pulgasari when it comes to opposition.
- They work for JOGAKBO, a trans rights organization.
- Another vegan!
- They’ve identified as queer since middle school.
- They write music, took lessons on beat making, and want to make songs for QI.X in the future.
- Their musical inspiration is Red Velvet.
- Their favorite thing to do is eat delicious food.
- Birthday: 5/7/2000 (22)
- Pronouns/gender: they/them, unlabeled
- Roles: lead vocalist, maknae
- Representative color: purple
- *Has been on break since February 9, 2023.*
- They’re in a constant state of questioning their gender, which is why they leave it unlabeled.
- They majored in acting but they’re interested in traditional arts, music, and movement.
- After being eliminated from idol auditions in elementary school, they decided that they weren’t suited to be an idol because of their appearance and body.
- Their favorite style of dance is modern dance.
- They like singing and playing instruments.
- Lights Up (digital single) – Released March 22, 2023.
- Lights Up
- Lights Up (Instrumental)